Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Flame

Last night, I went to a Greek Orthodox Easter service. One of the parts of the service is where the congregation all has a candle and we pass the flame to each person, and then we sing etc. Well, last night it was super windy, so there was a trick to keeping the flame lit. Now, I also have longish hair, which I toyed with putting up and decided to leave it down. Wind, long hair and a candle is never a good combo. As I bent to wish a happy Easter, my hair caught fire! I got the flame out pretty quick, and thankfully had not put in any hair spray. Burnt hair smells awful and I am glad it was just a little bit on the side of my hair, blends right in with my layers.

The funniest part of it all? I can now say I caught on fire at church!

1 comment:

R.A. Porter said...

God was sending you a message. ;)