Saturday, April 5, 2008

Walking in Memphis

With two minutes to play, the Memphis Tigers are leading the UCLA Bruins 67-54 in the semi-final game of the NCAA Basketball tournament! I picked Memphis to win the entire tournament in my bracket, and was mocked for it. "How you could pick against UCLA?" "Memphis? They had the weakest schedule of any of the #1 seeds!" And so on. Yet, here we are with Memphis on the brink of being in the championship game coming up Monday! And, sweet Victory is mine! Go Tigers!

I have been doing brackets for the tournament since I was 11. It's tradition for me. When my stepdad was still alive, and email wasn't a common household tool, I would call him and give him my picks over the phone and he would enter my bracket in his work pool. I would consider myself to have fairly decent bracketology and I stand by my picks, even when they lose! (like Kansas last year) That said, I just didn't see UCLA winning this year. (plus I am not a pac-ten fan...that will be another post for another day) I had UCLA losing to Drake in the sweet sixteen. Of course, Drake lost in a heartbreaking game in the first round.

Now to seal my victory, Kansas needs to pull off a win and beat UNC!

2 comments:

R.A. Porter said...

And just think...all you had to do was sac up and you could have won *money* for your pick. :)

Red said...

Yeah yeah, I know.... Was cash poor at the time. Oh well, I thought *somebody* was going to kick my butt and was trashing my picks. Who was that??? Did I not say I would come out ahead?