Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh Happy Day

I'm in a great mood today. Yesterday was a fun, busy yet exciting day. I took on part one of a project that I am doing for a seminar that I am taking on Effectiveness. Projects for me have always occurred as "great, another thing I'm going to screw up" or "BORING." I would typically miss out on one key step in having my project be successful and then I'd just give up on it.

This project is for me to record a CD with some cover songs and one original composition. Yesterday, I took on step one, which was to record some of the cover songs. I was able to record 3 songs and have the tracks cleaned up and burned onto a CD. One of the tracks is pretty good, but not my best... and the other two are quite good. Surprisingly good! I shared those songs with several people last night when I went to go play poker and they really liked it.

It's exciting to take on this area of life and really put it out there. At first, I didn't want to share the songs, but then I got over it and am willing to share. It's not record label quality, and that's fine! For what it is, it's great, and I sound good and it's enjoyable.

I'm now looking forward to recording the next part! As for the poker tournament, the first game I got knocked out halfway through. The second game I took 3rd! I had a monster hand early, pocket aces vs pocket tens and I ended up with quad aces. He went all in over the top of my raise of his initial raise. It set me up very well for the rest of the tournament and I was just hitting cards. Hands I was folding would have won, just one of those nights. I love those nights! They keep you coming back to the game. :)

No comments: